Friday, September 17, 2010

The Expendables (2010)

I originally wanted to call my blogspot Movies From Mars Vs. The Hollywood Monster because I feel that Hollywood really is just a huge fucking monster and all the money that is spent on these new movies is one big waste because nobody is going to remember them in 15 years. Well that idea was to long for a blogspot and most Hollywood movies are to long too. This movie is your typical big budget action flick with tons of explosions and shoot em up scenes. The movie is also full of big tough guys who all get sweaty together every five seconds for another fight scene. Over all i cant say I hated this movie but I cant really say I liked it either. It was just a time killer for me. My one main gripe with the movie is that it was to dark. It was really hard to see what was going on a lot of the time and when you mix dark scenes with the shitty new style of editing movies together you basically get a visual cluster fuck of nonsensical images. This thing was written, directed and staring Sylvester Stalone. Sylvester isn't the only star here, the whole cast is huge in more way then one. We got Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Eric Roberts, Mickey Rourke, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Bruce Willis. Most of these actors have small cameos in the movie. If youre a big action movie fan I suppose you will like this movie. I mean there are quite a few of shitty one liners. For anyone else I don't recommend this movie unless you're really bored at work and your coworker wants to help you kill time. Then we would be in the same boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment