Friday, July 1, 2011

The Hole (2001)

This British thriller comes from the bowels of the same asshole that dropped that Hollywood turd on us in 2004 called Godsend with Robert De Niro. Unfortunately I tortured myself and went to see Godsend in the theaters when it came out. I still want my money back!

The Hole on the other hand has a pretty unique story about four rich, prep-school, teenagers who are locked inside a abandoned military bunker in the middle of nowhere. The movie is full of twists and turns and it is never really clear or obvious where it is going next. I personally have never been a big fan of thrillers but I suppose The Hole is okay for what it is. The story is told by two characters. One of which being the only survivor of being locked in The Hole and the other being the accused super-nerd who supposedly locked them in The Hole, leaving them to die. Both characters are telling two totally different stories and the viewer isn't sure which one is lying.
I found it all to be a bit on the annoying side and with the exception of a murder scene the best part for me was when Keira Knightley flashes her pink nipples for the world to see and for all you necrophiliacs out there she also appears naked in a autopsy scene.

The Hole also offers up some male nudity with swinging dicks and bare ass boys in the locker room for all you ladies. We also have gratuitous vomiting, some achy-breaky skull smashing over a can of coke followed by the quote of the movie "I killed my best friend for Coke". Then we have a drowning and another character is crushed to death by a heavy object (complete with a bit of blood).

This one is more for mainstream audiences and anybody who like thrillers. Although the plot was interesting and kept me guessing it really wasn't my bag of jerky.

No comments:

Post a Comment