Monday, April 18, 2011

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles : The Movie

Just when I thought I couldn't watch anything more brainless, I go and dig up Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles : The Movie. I first saw this movie in the theater with my mother when I was seven years old. Being a young kid growing up in the middle of the turtle craze, I wouldn't have missed it for the world but I guess I was a bit strange even back then because I remember sitting in the theater and fantasizing about being a member of the footclan. A gang of young punks who wreak havoc on New York City. Stealing anything in site from car stereos to wallets. Looking at the movie again as an adult I find this even more funny because the spiky haired band of misfit kids in the Footclan reminded me of my own teenage (mutant) years. Of course we weren't Ninja and we weren't criminals either but the whole punk rock, skateboarding, snotty kid's was my outlet in my adolescent years.
Best line of the movie "What are you some kind of a punker? God I hate punkers. Especially ones that paint themselves green".
As an adult I found this movie to be a lot of fun and it brought back a lot of memories and it was nice to see a kids movie shot on film and not filled with awful CGI. I'm just a bit upset that I am now to old to join the Footclan. Who wouldn't want to be in this gang?

No comments:

Post a Comment